Graphic Designers: Then and Now

In this blog, I will go over the very beginning of graphic designers and who they are now. I will go over a little bit of the history of graphic designing but then I will talk about some of the best and most well known designers around the world today. Hope you enjoy!

Tuesday

Typography


The font that I am working on is based off of a neon sign I saw in downtown Kenosha. The assignment was to go around your environment and look for inspiration for creating your own font. I realized while looking at the neon sign that the pieces of the letters did not connect and I thought that would be an interesting way to create a font. Kind of give it a stencil look but while also keeping the thought of neon signs in mind. Here is some work I have so far.

I'm a little torn on which way to do the B's and D's because I like both of them but I feel like the first option for both of them, may fit in with the rest of the letters better. What do you all think?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:30 PM

    I like that you got the idea from a neon sign!

    ReplyDelete