Graphic Designers: Then and Now

In this blog, I will go over the very beginning of graphic designers and who they are now. I will go over a little bit of the history of graphic designing but then I will talk about some of the best and most well known designers around the world today. Hope you enjoy!

Tuesday

Back to Typography

Bourbon Street

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been working on my own font based off of neon bar signs. Well the whole font is completed and now we have ANOTHER assignment even though this project has already taken over 3/4 of the semester... The next part of the assignment is to design a poster with our font. One side has to explain our font: why we chose it, our thought process, the different measurements we used, and so on. We have to explain our thought process in about 200 words (haven't written more than a few sentences since I became a graphic design major so this should be interesting). The other side of the poster has to show our font being used. So, my idea was to draw out kind of a replica of Bourbon Street in New Orleans and have all the bar signs be illuminated with neon and in my font. This is a lot easier said than done obviously but I'm going to give it a try. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment